Sunday, March 29, 2015

He Is Risen

Isn't this time of year so amazing? Trees and flowers blooming, birds chirping, baby cows--NEW LIFE! Spring is beautiful, and part of what makes it so beautiful is the Easter holiday. It's my favorite because it reminds us of the resurrection of our Savior Jesus Christ, and how we can all be resurrected as well. We will all have new life. We will all live again after we die. This simple truth has gotten me through the hardest thing I've ever had to go through. 

Exactly three years ago my mom was killed in a car accident. The death of a loved one is hard on everyone, but the knowledge I have of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and His Atonement is what has gotten me through every day since it happened. I was in California at a cheerleading competition when my dad called and told me about the accident. Nothing can prepare you for news like that, but I was overwhelmed with peace as I prayed and sought heaven's help with my cheer team. My family was showered with love and support from everyone, which was so helpful. But, when people asked me how I was dealing so well with it, my only answer was that I have the constant comfort of the Spirit of the Lord, along with the knowledge that I will see my mom again. 

Lucky for us, Easter was the next weekend. We were again reminded that our Lord and Savior rose on the third day so that we all may do the same. Death is not the end. That is a solid fact that I know without a doubt to be true. It doesn't make things easy, but it does make them a little bit less hard. Yes, I still miss my mom everyday. I wish so bad that I could call her and tell her about my life. She was the best listener ever. But I know that she is with me. She helps me everyday. Elder Jeffrey R. Holland of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles once said, 

"In the gospel of Jesus Christ you have help from both sides of the veil and you must never forget 
that. When disappointment and discouragement strike—and they will—you must remember and never forget that if our eyes could be opened we would see horses and chariots of fire as far as the eye can see riding at reckless speed to come to our protection. They will always be there, these armies of heaven…" 

They really are. I felt my mom everyday on my mission. I know that Heavenly Father had work for her to do on the other side. I am so grateful for her example of hard work and love that prepared me to do what she had done for us. It was my senior year of high school. I was just trying to graduate and get out of that town. I took on the responsibility of cleaning, laundry, cooking, rides, etc. Is there any possible way I could have done that alone? NO! I had her. I had my friends and family. But most of all I had my Savior Jesus Christ and my Father in Heaven. Their Plan is absolutely perfect. Once we come to realize that, life gets less hard. Easter reminds us of that Plan, so try to remember it more and share it with those who need it this time of year. :) 

xoxo
Loni





No comments:

Post a Comment