Sunday, March 22, 2015

Decisions!

Oh decisions! I feel like they can be the hardest things ever sometimes! We are so blessed that God gave us our freedom of choice, but aren't there times you wish He would just tell you exactly what to do? I know I've felt that way. But I've learned that He will often trust us to make decisions on our own because if the right choice was always just handed to us, what would we learn? I've also learned that God loves us so much that He won't leave us hanging. He knows exactly what we need. I read an amazing scripture in the Book of Mormon today, But the Lord knoweth all things from the beginning; wherefore, he prepareth a way to accomplish all his works among the children of men; for behold, he hath all power unto the fulfilling of all his words. And thus it is. Amen. (1 Nephi 9:6). We might always know where we will end up, but He does, and He will help us get there because He wants us to be happy and return to live with Him someday. 

I've been thinking a lot lately about what I really want to do with my life career wise and if I am studying the right thing in school. I was kind of putting off the decision because I didn't want to make it. Then I got an email reminding me about how soon class registration is. Yikes! So it was time to crack down. I didn't want to talk to anyone about this because I tend to let others sway my decisions. I finally knelt down and told Heavenly Father my situation and what I was feeling. Exactly what I was feeling. Just like I would talk to a friend. Then I listened and thought and read the scriptures. The impression that I got from the Spirit is that Heavenly Father wants me to be happy. "...men are, that they might have joy" (2 Nephi 2:25). The path I was taking in college was challenging and making me kind of miserable. So, I switched my major. And it feels so great! My step-mom reminded me that we aren't just here to survive, we are here to thrive

Notice how God didn't tell me exactly what to change my major to or what I should be when I grow up. He didn't tell me which path to go down when I came to this fork in the road. I had to work through it and basically make the decision on my own, then He confirmed to me that it was right. I've found that this is not always the case, but often. And because of that I learn more about myself and God's plan for me. :) 

xoxo
Loni


No comments:

Post a Comment