Monday, June 3, 2013

"HOME: Teach, be taught. Love, be loved."

Hey all!  :)

We had stake conference this week and it was awesome! They talked a lot about priesthood in the home and about temples. But there was one quote that I especially loved. "HOME: Teach, be taught. Love, be loved." :) And another one like, the temple and home are the places we should want to be most! :)

 This week was nothing special. We taught Steve and Eric again a couple times, but Steve was drunk both times so we couldn't really teach. Which was really frustrating for me because we were teaching the Plan of Salvation. That lesson was like, just, ugh! We took a member with us. He is great, but I just felt like it was too much I guess! It's just so hard with three of us already, then the member trying to teach too! But you are supposed to bring members to lessons so it's just something I need to get over! So I just felt like the lesson was so chaotic and a mess. But, Steve and Eric accepted baptism, so I saw that the spirit can still work in people, even when I feel like it won't. I just hope the next one will go better. And we want to take them on a temple tour this week, so hopefully that works out! We also found a couple new investigators, so hopefully that goes well! We have been doing a lot of finding. So knocking doors and street contacting. I actually don't mind it because I love talking to people. We are trying to think of some good finding ideas though, so if you think of any, let me know! :)

 We had exchanges this week, which was awesome. Sis. Staley came and stayed with Sis. Salvesen and I for 24 hours. She is amazing. She goes home in two weeks. But she just helped me so much. Mostly with just the confidence boost! She said we were two of the most diligent missionaries she's met, and that she knows we are supposed to be here at this time in this area. She said a lot of really nice things, and she is so spiritual! And she taught us a lot about teaching and finding too! I was kinda scared for exchanges, but I loved it. Sis. Salvesen and I are doing better. I finally swallowed my pride and apologized for always arguing with her and having to be right, and she apologized back. We obviously aren't just perfect now, but we are working. We can joke with each other a lot which is good because you HAVE to laugh out here. It's just funny because the things we laugh about, no one else would think they are funny. The lack of entertainment is just weird.

 A member had us over for dinner this week and he showed us how he makes these healthy chocolates out of raw foods. Did I jump all over that? DUH! I love chocolate and I love being healthy! So they aren't the best tasting but they are super healthy for you! They make you happier, give you more energy, and keep you full! You only eat like a couple a day though. So we all bought some. He gives missionaries a screamin deal! And he's working on getting his business up and running online, so you can all go order some! They are awesome! :)

 We had dinner with the bishop and his wife yesterday. They are really cool! :) His wife reminds me so much of Kim Hansen! So you know she's gonna be great, right?! They had a son that died by getting hit by a semi, so we talked a lot about that and related! We are also helping them with some yardwork tonight! Which means I get to wear pants! :) The missionaries in the ward (us and the two elders) are also planning a summer get together party, to give members an opportunity to be missionaires and bring non-member or less-active friends! We don't have a ward activity chairperson, so we are just planning it ourselves! It won't be till the end of june, so pray that it will work out! :)

 I don't have much more than this! I'm glad you guys got all moved! That is so exciting! I hope the weather there is being good to you! It's been in about the 90s here, but pretty rainy off and on and wayy humid. Hurricane season started yesterday, so that's cool! Send my flashdrive back so I can send more pictures back to you! :) Have a spectacular week!

 Love, Sister Lowry :)

No comments:

Post a Comment