Saturday, June 29, 2013

Helloo!

I hope you all are having a wonderful Monday. And I hope you all watched the broadcast last night. It was amazing!! I was sad that not very many members from our ward were watching at the chapel. So I am giving them the benefit of the doubt and saying they watched it online ;) It was very good. I always love hearing from the prophet and apostles. Especially about missionary work. I will definitely be a member missionary when I get home! Even though it is a little harder in Utah :) I loved how they talked about how important less active members are. My companion has always wanted to focus more on them, but I was always scared. Over half our ward is inactive, so I am excited to start paying a little more attention to them now! :) 
 

Well, this week went pretty well I guess. Better than we thought it would with Sis. Salvesen's injuries and all. Sometimes I wonder how hurt she really is haha ;) I guess she has to stay on crutches for atleast another week, and can't bike for like 2-3 weeks. :( I was really starting to love biking, so I'm sad. But, since she is injured, I get to drive! It was weird driving after 2 months. I know, some of you are dying right now because I shouldn't be allowed to drive this brand new Chevy Cruze in Orlando traffic, but I did fine, thank you ;) I also had to buy a GPS. Which was fine haha. Anyway, I am getting so chubby with members feeding us and not being able to bike or exercise as much :( Plus, I am so sick of the treadmill. I guess we can conclude that if I came out here for anything, it was to learn patience! 


Let's see, last monday we went shopping to buy Sis. Salvesen a new skirt. I had to help her because she doesn't know how to shop for cute things. Not that I do, but I was a little better than her ha :) We also went around to let Sis. Halliday say goodbye to her favorites. The best was that we pulled up to Steve's and the cops were there. We weren't a bit surprised! I guess his schitzophrenic bipolar roommate called the cops on him. Usually it's the other way around! Anyway, they told us that they were gonna arrest Steve but when we pulled up (we waited in the car) Steve told the cop we were having a bible study and he let him off!! hahaha!! It was the best. An update on Steve! We took him to a temple tour, and he really liked it! But he kept saying he was scared because this means he has to change. He wants to though! :) So, we took the first step and committed him to no more hard liquor! He would drink a half gallon of rum per day. He has done good for like 3 days so we are very proud of him! :) Next we will work on the beer then the cigs ;) He made us biscuits and gravy yesterday, which were so good! and he also said something that was just amazing. He was like, "Everything you girls say is the truth. I just feel it. And I don't mean to get all sappy, but I am really glad you girls found me. You have no idea how much you have helped me in just three months." Is has only been like one month, but it was really cool when he said that :) 
 

Grace is getting baptized on Sunday!! :) Yay!! I can't wait to send ya'll pictures!! She is so funny. She asked about a living prophet so we showed her a talk by Pres. Monson. The first one that came to mind was "The Race of Life," which was the talk about the Plan of Salvation that he gave last April, right after my mom died. She loved it! :) Her husband died quite awhile ago, but I think it means alot to her to know that we will see our families again after we die :) Everyone is also being so great with her at church! Like yesterday, she didn't even sit with us! She sat with 3 other old ladies! :) Super cool. I just remember riding our bikes and I saw her sitting on her porch so I rode up to her. That was also like a month ago. So neat :) 


Tuesday we had transfers. So we took Sis. Halliday to Orlando. On the way there some van just pulled onto the grass in the median and a lady got out. To be honest I thought she was gonna go to the bathroom right there! But she actually stopped traffic so that a mom duck and her ducklings could cross the road! It was so cute! :) Sorry I just had to share that. Only in Florida! :) It was sad saying goodbye to Sis. Halliday, especially since Sis. Salvesen and I have no idea what we are doing haha. But we are getting there! I guess. We also said final goodbyes to Pres. Hall and Sis. Hall and the missionaries who were leaving. 


One of our favorite families in the ward, the Bentley's, are moving next week :( We are so so sad. So we helped them with their garage sale this week and I bought a few shirts :) Yes, I brought a ton of clothes but I am already getting sick of them haha. Our apartments also had a pool party so we went to that just to get some food. We were going to try to talk to people but all the guys were just staring at us and "save a horse ride a cowboy" was playing in the background so we decided we'd better just leave haha :) 


Well, that's pretty much it! It has been hard with Sister Salvesen. Mostly because I feel like we can't do as much. But also because we argue sometimes. We both just need to humble ourselves and have a "come to Jesus meeting" as my dad would say ha :) I pray so hard for patience and charity, and I am getting there, slowly but surely :) I feel all of your prayers and they help so much! President Berry is getting there this week, so pray for him as well probably! Thanks again for all you do! And I will talk to you next week! I cannot believe I have already been out two months! Can you??


Love, 
Sister Lowry :) 

PS: I'm just attaching a couple pictures. When I get one of my flashdrives back I will send more :) We have our little set up on Steve and Eric's driveway. Oh, Eric pretty much isn't interested anymore I think :( So sad. Then me and Sister Halliday saying goodbye. We were kind of twins that day :) Like my new skirt? Then we have Steve at the temple tour! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment