Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Happy Memorial Day!



Happy Memorial Day! And Happy Summer! 

I hope everyone is having a fun weekend and I really hope the weather has gotten better there! It's been pretty hot here. And I actually have exciting things to write about finally! :) Today we went to a place called "Boing" which is like a trampoline gym and arcade. It was sooo fun! I got to tumble and I even did a full! :) It was super exciting. I'm gonna’ be sore tomorrow though! And, Sister Christensen hurt her knee again, so she didn't even get to enjoy it :( Then I made some yummy guac and we cleaned and stuff of course. I am getting a little sick of our roommates. They don't do anything around the house. But I am just trying to be Christlike ha! I've also had a tiny cold, but that's nothing! 

Yesterday was like our miracle day! So I will tell you about Chantel! :) She is so great. We met her walking to campus on Saturday, and invited her to come to church. That is usually what we do on Saturdays. Just invite everyone we see out to church. Super easy, y'all should try it ;) Anyway, she said yes, and then she actually came! We aren't really used to people keeping their word about that kind of stuff ha! She said church was different than what she was used to, but I think she liked it. She said we could come by that evening and talk to her more about it, so we went and taught her. We ended up setting a baptismal date for June 29! :) It was one of the best lessons we've taught I think and the spirit was super strong. We were so happy after that. It was just what we needed! 

We did teach a couple other people this week, but they aren't really progressing yet. We need to get them to church, which is a huge struggle here. Everyone works on Sundays. Other than that we are still just searching for the prepared people! Oh! Remember James? The one who ended up not getting baptized on his date? Well we handed him over to the elders to see if they could help him, and he is now getting baptized on Sunday! :) Yay! So your prayers did help! And we are adjusting our area a bit so we will have more options of where to go to contact people. So that should help :) I guess I've just been continuing to learn about how when we are obedient to God's commandments, he blesses us. It sounds so simple, and it is! It can also be complex, but it's just truer than true! I encourage all of you to find one of the commandments that you might be struggling with or needing to improve on, and work on it this week! If you need help remembering the commandments, here is a link to Preach My Gospel chapter 3: https://www.lds.org/manual/preach-my-gospel-a-guide-to-missionary-service/lesson-4-the-commandments?lang=eng 

Have a great week and don't forget to be a missionary! 

Love always,
Sister Lowry 


No comments:

Post a Comment