Monday, August 5, 2013

The Land of WET!!

Hellooo! :)

Wow. I just am so happy to be hearing all this good news from everyone!! First of all, are prayers answered or what?! I had been praying for rain for you guys, and look what happened!! I had been praying for Toni to find a place, and look what happened!! At least there are miracles happening over in Utah! I am still waiting on them over here haha! I guess we are both the lands of WET now! I am always wet. Sweat from about noon-4. Then rain during the late afternoon! Man it's so fun. My quote for the week is one that was on our fridge when we moved in to our new apartment, and it is helping me so much! :)

 "The challenges ahead of you are not nearly as great as the power behind you." -J. Reuben Clark

How comforting is that? It kinda goes along with my favorite scripture, D&C 84:88 :)

Ah! Where do I start?! Well, first off. Saying goodbye to everyone in Cocoa on Monday was like so sad. Almost as sad as leaving home haha! They were like my new family! And that is the first place we are going back to visit when we come back to Florida! I am sending some pictures on my flash drive today, but I said goodbye to Steve, Eric, Grace, Nick and Kelly, the Bishop and ward mission leaders’ families. Man, it was rough. But I just had done all I needed to there, and the Lord needed me in Waterford Lakes! :)

Which brings us to Tuesday! We had transfers in Orlando, and we got our trainees!! :) I absolutely LOVE Sister Rogers! Ok, we are like best friends. We have so many things in common! It's so weird but so great! She is such an example to me! She loves to work, and she stays so positive! What we have been doing (tracting and street contacting) is not what she expected missionary work to be like at all, but she doesn't get discouraged or negative ever! I am just so impressed with her. I don't even feel like I'm training; I just feel like she is another companion!

And the area! It is super nice here! Not even close to Cocoa/Titusville! That was like a little more ghetto, and this area (Waterford Lakes) is like all gated communities. Yeah. Ask me. So we have to like sneak in through the gate on our bikes or ask members for the codes to their neighborhoods! It's like very eastern Orlando, so actually not far from Cocoa. It's beautiful. Lots of trees and lakes and pretty houses. We have been on bikes all week because we share a car with the Elders who we split the area with. So we got to know the area pretty well. But my butt hurts soooo bad. BUT! I'm losing weight!! :) Yay! :) And, Sister Rogers did cross country, so we run every morning! :) The Elders just barely baptized all their investigators before we got here, so we are basically starting from scratch! Which means a lot of knocking on doors! Which has not been very successful, but we are just being obedient and doing all we can. We know the Lord will eventually compensate for our efforts if we keep working hard!

Oh, the apartment was gross when we got here. The Elders said it was clean. But obviously our definitions of "clean" are quite different. So we cleaned and unpacked and that was about it! Wednesday we got to meet some members of the ward and hang out with the young women after our coordination meeting with the ward mission leader. This ward is really great! But it's like all youth and kids! Complete opposite of Cocoa! So that is kinda cool! The Elders drive me a little insane... :) Well, mostly the district leader. He is just so uptight! I told him to loosen the freak up and stop stressing so much! He is getting there haha :)

Thursday and Friday and Saturday we basically biked our whole area, which was a lot of miles. I would say we have biked close to 80 miles in the past week. We met a cute little family who we prayed with on the doorstep. The little girl did gymnastics and I told her that I did too! Then I got to teach her how to pray, so that was a cool experience :) We are going over there tonight to teach them! :) We get bugs splattered all over our faces a lot. And we got caught in a rainstorm the other night. Basically everything in my backpack got wet. :(

Anyway, I'm just loving it! We got like no mail this week, but I got a ton of emails! So thank you all for that! I'm just gonna finish up so I can reply to some of you! :) Best of luck with school and work preparations! I miss and love you all so much! :) xoxo

Love,
Sister Lowry

 

No comments:

Post a Comment