Monday, July 7, 2014

Tender Mercies


 Hey all! 

I hope you had a happy 4th! Ours was pretty good! Not as cool as my last Fourth of July, but we still had fun! We went to campus to use Facebook (we get an hour each day) and these Baptist people came up and tried to bash with us. I was so annoyed because they always try to do that and it is just such a waste of my time. But, I learned a couple things from it. First, no one can ever take away my testimony of the gospel, especially of the Book of Mormon and the fact that God still speaks to us. I am so happy that I have a solid knowledge of that, and I would encourage you all to self-evaluate and make sure you do too! Because you never know when someone or something is going to test that. Second, when we ask with faith, Heavenly Father will make sure we are in the right place at the right time. Right after we finally got them to leave, we met this awesome girl named Madison who was like the only person on campus and she let us teach her! We taught her again last night and she is catholic and doesn't necessarily want to convert because of tradition (that is the main problem with Catholics here), but she is willing to read and pray about it! So that was really cool! We saw a few of those "tender mercies" this week. 

Speaking of, I learned that the term "tender mercies" comes from the Book of Mormon! In 1 Nephi! Our mission president has asked us all to read the Book of Mormon in 100 days. It's called 100 Days Closer to Christ. So, I was almost finished and had to start over, but it has been so cool. The power that comes from the scriptures, especially the Book of Mormon, just amazes me! And the unity too that we all have in the mission now! :) You guys should jump in on it if you want! We learned at Zone Meeting this week that if we want others to become closer to Christ (which is our purpose) then we have to be getting closer to Him, which we can do through the Book of Mormon. Also all of the great missionary examples in there can help us know how to be better missionaries! 

Transfers!  Sister Rogers and Sister Jacklin, my two trainees!  And the new sister 
that Sister Jacklin is training.  She is from Japan.  I am so proud! :)

Oh, I almost forgot, we had transfers, and I got a new companion! Her name is Sister Woolley from Draper, UT. She has been out almost 5 months and her positive attitude and excitement are just what I needed! We are pretty different but work really well together and get along just fine! :) We had a pretty good week, even though it was a challenge! It rained a lot which always puts a damper on our plans! We found a couple new people and were able to get Khalil to church! :) There were also a couple less active guys that came that I have been trying to get there for a while! :) So it was neat! Well, I was so blessed to hear from so many of you today, and I want to try to email a few of you back! So this is it! :) I love you and hope you have a wonderful week! 

xoxoxo
Love,
Sister Lowry 

Here is a picture from last fourth of July! Yes, I wore the same outfit!  



No comments:

Post a Comment