Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Toni wanted a picture of my St. Patrick's Day outfit. 

Morning! I hope you are all wearing green! The room we email in is nice and green! All the sisters are here and very festive ha! 

So, Iliana's baptism and confirmation were this weekend! That was really special. One of the most spiritual baptisms I've been to. Her family was all there and they really felt it. Yvette gave a great talk. She sounds like she's been a member her whole life! It's only been 3 months! They are so great. It has been such a highlight of my mission to see the change that the Atonement has made in their lives. That is truly the greatest miracle we can ever witness! Other than the baptism, it was a rough week! Like every one of our appointments fell through. I was so done by yesterday. Sundays are supposed to be relaxing, but they are the exact opposite! But, Ana came to church, and so did another guy we invited! So that was a blessing! 


I don't want to dwell on all the negative things that happened, even though that is very tempting ha ;) There is a main street here that we always bike on called OBT. There are always sign holders for businesses, so they have become our friends. One is the one who came to church. Another is one who just started, and was an answer to our prayer! We didn't recognize him so we stopped to talk and he asked what we were doing. We told him we were representatives of Jesus Christ, and we that we teach people about Him and invite them to come closer to Him. He said, "Man, I need Jesus Christ in my life right now." We talked to him more and ended up giving him a Book of Mormon and we are meeting with him tonight! He told us that he is a recovering addict and that he thinks joining a church could really help him right now! Uh, yeah!! So that was another cool miracle. 

Relief Society birthday party

This week we are really just going to work on finding prepared people who won't bail on us. That is my worst pet-peeve ever, flakey people, so you can kinda imagine what I felt like this last week ha! We aren't having the success that we have had, so I am just trying to keep positive and keep working hard! That is all we can do! I am so blessed to be helping the Lord do His work! Especially here! I have been in this area for 5 months now, so I am getting a little sick of it, but it's okay ha! :) Sorry I don't have much to say this week, it was just not the most exciting! I hope you all are doing great! Know that I love you, miss you, and pray for you! The church is truer than true! 

Love, Sister Lowry

No comments:

Post a Comment