Monday, February 3, 2014

The "E-Generation"

First off, I need to give a shout out to my Grandma Lowry who has not missed a week of writing me a letter, even with all the other things she has going on! Thanks Grandma! I love you! xoxo

Second, I found a scripture this morning in my studies and I wanted to share it with all of you!

Colossians 2:5 For though I be absent in the flesh, yet am I with you in the spirit, joying and beholding your order, and the steadfastness of your faith in Christ.

Although I'm not there in person, I am there in spirit and happy for all of you in all that you are doing! :) Especially your steadfastness! For example, I heard Brady took state in wrestling for the tenth time in a row...Yay!! :) My baby brother is such a stud!
So, I was talking to a guy on the street this week, and he was telling me how they are calling this generation from 2010-2020 the "E-Generation," for electronics! It makes so much sense. I just think about when I have kids and how they aren't even going to know what paper is! I just don't want electronics to take over! But it's too late haha. :) We had a device training this week and got our iPads. Sister Jacklin and I have been slacking and barely using ours because we just don't even know what to do! The program they have on them for missionaries is amazing. It has all our planner, area book, maps, members, email. Basically everything. Then the Gospel Library of course! That has come a long way since I had it on my phone back home ha! Once we get it all figured out, it will help us so much in accomplishing the Lord's work as He is still hastening it!
Speaking of the work... It is going great! We had a really good week. We were a little overwhelmed with the whole iPad thing, but we just kept going! Our investigators are doing well! The Thomas family is still just amazing and ready for their baptism this Saturday! Then Ana and Felipe, more of the Erbiti's family, are getting baptized the next Saturday! :) They don't live in our area, but President said we could still teach them since here is where their support group is! They are so great and already have such strong testimonies!
Alex is MIA. No one knows where he is. Not his mom or his girlfriend or anyone. So...yeah.. .Lill got a little better this week but then had Yvette call us to tell us she isn't interested in learning anymore :( She even gave all her books and stuff back that we gave her. We think something must have happened because she seemed so solid! But, we started teaching Lauren again. She is the one who is pregnant and her husband Danny is a member. We are teaching them tonight so hopefully that will go well and they will be more committed now! We also got to teach my sister-in-law Shashena and I think my brother Chase was there! It was our first Facebook lesson and it was really cool! We really want to help them start going back to church. They need it. We talked to them about prayer and fasting, and fasted for them and for Chase to get a job. I just pray so hard that he will have the desire to take his family to church. She wants to go so bad but he is being a punk!
Oh, our facials on Monday were absolutely amazing! Next week we are getting pedicures for district P-day. My idea :) This week was cold and rainy again! I'm sure we made a few people laugh when we were biking down the main street with our ponchos and skirts in the rain! Then Sister Jacklin's bike got a flat so the whole weekend we had to have rides everywhere! Or we walked. But, it caused us to have a cool miracle! Last night after church we taught Ana and Felipe at the Erbiti's house then had dinner. We had an appointment with a less active family after, so Ana and Stephanie (17) took us. So the family wasn't home, but the dad was. We had only met him once briefly, but he let us in and we talked with him. Him and his wife were baptized about 9 years ago, but their kids weren't and they are teenagers now. We shared a scripture and stuff, but then Ana and Steph just took over and started talking and it was amazing! Remember, Ana is not even baptized yet, and she was like telling this guy that he needs to take his family to church! She had a connection because she is married. Then Stephanie was less active for like ever and just came back to church in September, so she was able to connect in that way! It was so amazing to sit back and listen to them and the spirit work through them to touch this man! He totally felt and it and knows he needs to come back. He said he would talk to his wife and kids about it! Ana and Stephanie felt so good afterwards. They hadn't had that feeling of the spirit telling them what to say and working through them to touch the lives of others, and now they have felt it! I hope you all will take the chance to let that happen for you as well!
Have a great week! :)

Love, Sister Lowry

No comments:

Post a Comment