Monday, February 10, 2014

Valentine's Week!

The Thomas' minus KJ (I just realized he wasn't in the picture :(. So sad).

XOXOXO 
I hope you all have a great Valentine's Day! And have lots of ooey gooey lovey dovey plans! Enough for me too, because I definitely do not!
We are going to get pedicures in like five seconds, so this will be quick. Yesterday, the Thomas family got confirmed. It was so amazing. Each of their blessings were so special and personal. And KJ who is 6 got to get a child's blessing so he didn't feel left out not being able to get baptized! It was so neat. Their baptism on Saturday was also amazing of course. We went to eat with them after at this great place that kind of reminded me of Wingers. We just love them so much! Their niece and nephew, Ana and Felipe, will be baptized next Saturday :) 
Church on Sunday with the Erbiti's and all their family they are sharing the gospel with!

We got soaking wet from the rain all week. We get the car Mon-Wed and have bikes Thurs-Sat and guess what days were the cold and rainy ones? Yeah. Ask me. We were soaking wet when we got the baptism. And I carried a tray of cookies on my bike the whole way. I know. But it was totally worth it because that baptism was incredible. 


Biking in the rain

We are getting more used to Facebook and the iPads every day. Our district leader gave us all some positive encouragement because we are all kinda struggling adjusting I think. I just want my paper missionary planner back so bad. But he compared it to the Liahona in the Book of Mormon and how Lehi and his family had to have faith and diligence for it to work. So I am going to keep working on that, along with a little more patience. It is eventually going to be a very useful tool that I am grateful for ha! My dad shared a quote with me that I just love now- "Find a way or make a way." Just what I needed!

We didn't get to see the Amone's this week. They were busy :( We found Alex. He is doing okay but is still just being a punk. We are going to keep trying though. We are teaching Lauren again. I don't remember if I talked about that. She is doing pretty good! The baby should be coming soon though I think. So hopefully she can get baptized before then. We are going to be doing a lot of finding now because our teaching pool will all be baptized pretty soon ha! 

Oh, other super cool thing that happened this week! Wednesday night we were at Alex's seeing if he was alive and whatnot, and when we left we stopped by Yvette's to say hi because they live in the same complex. She didn't answer and we were wondering where she was because she is always home. Well, she came walking up the stairs and she had just gotten back from the temple doing baptisms for the dead!! Oh my gosh I was so happy to hear her tell us about it! She got baptized for her mom! It was such a special day for all of us!
I'm sorry I honestly don't remember what has happened so I don't have much more to say! And since I can't pull my planner out to look at it, I can't be reminded of any cool little miracles or stories! But I am so happy and so busy and tired and excited and just still loving it! A mission is the best thing ever! Jesus loves you and so do I!
Love,
Sister Lowry

No comments:

Post a Comment