Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Full Swing!

Our last night before transfers jamming out in the car. 
We almost died laughing when we looked at this picture after! 

 Hey all! 

Well, I don't know where to start! First off, I will be home in exactly two months. It doesn't feel real to me because I still feel like a new missionary! I'm at the point where people keep asking if I'm sad or excited and I don't even know what to say! I am both! But I don't really think about it too much! Or I try not to at least! It also doesn't feel real that two of my best friends got married! Congrats Kendra and Zack! Anyways, we had a great week! Oh, sorry I didn't email yesterday, we had Zone Conference! But every P-day we account with our district leaders on the phone about how our previous week went. Our district leader Elder Crandall said this morning how we are doing so well and leading the district and setting an example for all the missionaries around us! It made us feel pretty good! We have worked our butts off all summer to be able to see miracles and have success so we are excited that it is finally coming! It's been like such a learning experience for so many things. And a lot of review for things that I have already learned on my mission and needed a reminder of! 

So, Zone Conference was pretty cool. I don't really know many missionaries anymore because they have all gone home. But we had Elder Hamula from the seventy come and that was really neat. We learned about faith and obedience. And lots of stuff ha. Sunday was so crazy. K so we found this awesome girl named Kim a few weeks ago, and were able to teach her on Saturday night. She loved it! She seems really prepared. It's always kinda hard to tell with these young adults though because they could seem so prepared then you never hear from them again. But she actually came to church the next day and had a good time! We are supposed to teach her tonight. After church we had to book it to campus because there was a thing called Opening Knight where all the clubs have like tables set up and you can go and get involved! So we set up and people started coming and talking to us! We hadn't seen that many people all summer. We contacted like 20 people in like an hour. Then, we had a fireside we had to go to so we had to find members to take over for the last half of that event. Our members are so amazing and help us out so much. They might not give us referrals like they are supposed to, but they do basically everything else for us that we need! We are so grateful for them! So we hurried to the fireside which was for recent converts, investigators, and returning members. Well, both of our investigators bailed on it. So we called Brandon, the returning member, and he came! It was pretty cool. I just really wish our investigators could have been there :( 

 

We also got to go to another cool event on Friday night called Fan Fest. It's to like introduce the football team I guess so they had a huge line for autographs, food trucks, inflatable stuff, music, booths, etc. We contacted a few people there, got some gelato, and met some football players and cheerleaders :) There are all these cool events going on because SCHOOL STARTED!!!!! :) I don't think I can even adequately express my happiness about that haha. I was just thinking this week how blessed we are to be serving in this area because a lot of missionaries wish they could be doing what we are! We got a little bit of time to proselyte on campus yesterday after zone conf. and it was so exciting but also a little overwhelming! I've never seen so many people in my life I don't think. Have I mentioned that this campus has 60,000 students? Yeah. That is like Cedar City times two. Or BYU times two. They keep teaching us/reminding us to "Talk with Everyone" like Preach My Gospel says, but it's impossible here! So we just talk to who we think we should! I am just grateful that the Lord always puts people in our path who need it. We have a lot of appointments set up this week so it should go pretty well! 

I don't think I have much else! Just a reminder and encouragement to make sure your priorities are in line with the new school year! It can be easy to get them mixed up. And if things are hard right now or not going the greatest, just keep pushing through! The Lord's plan is much better than your own, and He will eventually give you the things you need! I love you all and thank you for your love and support! 

Love, Sister Lowry

No comments:

Post a Comment