Monday, January 13, 2014

Plugging Along!



"Thank you Jesus" in the sky

 The Feast!  Happy Thanksgiving!


 Fire at the Vaidoga's!  Yes, it was cold enough for a fire.  It reminded me of home!

 First time seeing a real blimp!

Sister Jacklin, my new companion 

 Most amazingly decorated house!  Tons of different Christmas trees!

Decorated palm tree and our favorite Anzli Medina

     
 Ward Christmas party!   Yes, we actually partied!  Not like Utah at all!

 
 Toni wanted a selfie--I don't do selfies!


 No need for a caption here!

 Mission conference! My MTC comp Sister Bowman!

My daughters!  Sister Rogers and Sister Jacklin!  I love them!  
I feel so blessed to be their trainer (or mom in mission language)! 

 Sister Jacklin!

 Sister Rogers!

 The Waterford Lakes family!  I miss those guys!  
Yes,l we were laughing at one of the good times!


 Sister Salveson and her cane!  :)  She's the one who got hit 
by the car then went home & now she's back!

    
 Temple tour with Yvette & the Medinas!

  
 Yvette's baptism!  :)

Alex and his daughter Esther! :) They are so cute! Don't mind how I look though, it was super windy that day! I felt like I was in Cedar or something! So biking was just a disaster! Gotta love it! :) 

Hey all!

So this week was busy, again. It is so weird using Facebook. And it's kind of hard trying to plan that in time wise! If only there were more hours in a day! But, what do you do?! Just keep having faith! The good thing is that biking to the church every morning for Facebook time is an extra 7 miles, so more exercise! :) I am deciding to stop eating sweets as soon as all the treats in our apartment are gone! Sister Jacklin, my trainee, is doing awesome. Once again, I don't really even feel like I'm training because she is like a natural. This week is transfers, but we are both staying here. It got kinda cold this week. I had to wear a couple jackets and buy some gloves! Yeah, ask me! But it's like back in the 70's so it's fine now. To be honest I am totally not prepared to write this email, so I'm just gonna wing it!

This morning we taught seminary because the teacher was sick. It starts at 5:45am. Ok I honestly have no idea how I did that every morning in high school for cheer practice. I thought I was going to die this morning. But, we survived! We are trying to get the youth in on missionary work and stuff, but they are like all punks. But, Luis Medina, the one who is going into the Marines with Vince (my brother) blessed the sacrament yesterday! He like never does so I talked to him about it and he finally did! So I was super excited about that. It just makes me mad when people hold the priesthood, literally the power of God, and don't use it like they are supposed to. It is such a great privilege! Also yesterday one of the elders we share the ward with got sick and had to go to the ER during church, so pray for him. He should be okay, but might have appendicitis I guess.

 My District

Okay so the Thomas family is just doing amazing! We set a date with them this week to be baptized on Feb. 1! :) And we had an awesome lesson with them last night at the Erbiti's house. It was kinda hard because there was like 15 people there, but it was so cool hearing the members and non-members testify! I got teary-eyed a couple times! We also set up a temple tour this Wednesday that they are super excited about! Alex is also doing pretty good! We set a date with him too, and he has been reading the Book of Mormon! He loves everything we teach and really feels the spirit. It is so cool when you can feel/see the spirit working through you to help others. It was also pouring rain when we left his house the other night so they let us borrow ponchos. I can only imagine what we looked like biking down the main street at 9pm in skirts and ponchos. #sistermissionaryprobs.   We didn't get to meet with the Amone family this week :( They did come to church though, so that was good. We are still trying to set a date with them. So we have still been pretty busy!

Something cool from this week was a less active family that we were able to meet. I have a strong belief in back up plans because that is how we met them! Our appointment with the Brazilian family fell through so our back up was to try to visit and meet some people on our ward list that we have never met in that area. Most of them weren't home, but the last one before our dinner appointment was the Santana family. We were able to get to know them and share a message with them. The spirit was there and they invited us back to help with a family home evening! Then yesterday at church Bro. Santana was the only one who came. He told us that it was totally inspired that we came that night and that the message was perfect for his wife, who is more less active than the rest of the family. He was very thankful and it made us feel really good! I know that was Heavenly Father answering our prayers to help us in our planning and teaching.

Well, sorry I don't have much exciting news! Everything is just the same here! I still love it and know this is the true church! Oh, I already memorized the Articles of Faith again! So that was super exciting! :) Now I just have to keep practicing so I don't forget! They are just so cool! :) I love you and hope you have a great week! xoxox

Love, Sister Lowry

No comments:

Post a Comment