Friday, January 24, 2014

HALFWAY!!!!


Hello! :) How is everyone??
Oh my goodness, I am at my halfway mark. Can you believe it? I can't. I just got here. :( It goes way too fast. Today is my companion's 2 month mark, so I read her my 2 month mark day from my journal. We laughed pretty hard. Of course it was something about Steve from Cocoa! This week was crazy so I'm going to jump into it, but I wanted to share a quote I found that I love.

"Happiness never decreases by being shared."


I have found this to be so true! It is so simple. When you share your happiness, does it ever lessen? No, it increases! :) Life is so much about your attitude. And life is way too short to have a bad attitude! Even when things are hard, just keep swimming! I love you all and pray for your happiness and success everyday! Also, watch this video, it is amazing. I cry everytime. And they showed it in Relief Society yesterday and our investigators cried! 

So, this week was crazy for a couple reasons. First, it was transfers. No, we didn't get transferred or anything, but the ward next to us got another set of missionaries (their 4th set) and they are Spanish sisters! So one of them is Hermana Monson, who I just love to death. Anyway, they called us and said we are going to share the car with them now instead of the elders. Which is great! :) But they needed to go get food because it was a brand new apartment and they had nothing. So we went and picked them up and took them to the store. While they were there we decided to just contact in some apartments nearby. Well, we found Lill. She is so amazing and prepared! She is going to be baptized February 8th. I love her so much! We just knocked on her door and she invited us in and accepted to learn about the gospel. We didn't have much time because the sisters were waiting for us, but we introduced the Book of Mormon and set up a return appointment. She told us about how she had seen Mormon missionaries everywhere and had always told them she wasn't interested, but she said she is done saying no to God, because it is obviously what He wants for her! So after teaching her the lesson about the restoration of the gospel, she said she is so excited to learn more and for the first time in her life she wasn't confused. Her and Yvette have so much in common. They are both single, about the same age, no job, no car, had cancer, and have been searching for the truth for years. And they live in the same apartment complex! :) Lill came to church and sat with Yvette and they just answered all the questions and loved it. I was so happy. 

Other reason it was crazy was because it was cold. We ended up giving the Spanish sisters the car because I know how it feels to open a new area and have no idea where you are going, what you are doing, or who anyone is. And be on bikes. So we ended up on bikes and kinda froze. Heavenly Father sure knew that I wouldn't survive somewhere cold, because when it was cold this week my motivation went right down the toilet! But, we survived! And I know I can't really complain because you guys are much colder, but, let's be honest, most of you aren't on bikes. 


K, Wednesday night was amazing because we went on a temple tour with the Thomas family! :) They loved it! The pictures we took are now Dora's screensaver on her phone! When I saw that I was so happy. It was cold at the tour but they loved it and totally felt the spirit! And we showed them pictures of temples on LDS.org and explained to them more about sealing and eternal families. Kevin, the dad, is always pretty quiet. We think he is just trying to take it all in! But when we were talking about the sealing he was like, "So it's kinda like renewing your vows?" And we were like yeah! And he was like, "Oh yeah, we are definitely doing that!" Alyssa (10) says the most beautiful prayers and just loves the gospel. And KJ, the 5 year old, is reading the BofM so good! He just gets his little tablet out and goes! Speaking of tablets, we are getting iPads soon and I am freaking out. It's gonna be so crazy. All this technology just stresses me out! Yikes. Oh, and I am terrible at Facebook proselyting... :( 

 Alex and Esther

Ok, now for Alex. The punk bailed on our lesson this week because he got in a motorcycle accident! Yeah. Ask me. But we stopped by the next day just to see if he was there, and he was! So he invited us in and we taught him then. His little daughter Esther (5) is so cute. I just love her. Anyway, we taught the Word of Wisdom and Law of Chastity, because Yvette told us she saw him making out with some girl. Actually, she didn't just tell us that, she reenacted what it looked like and Sis. Jacklin and I almost died laughing. He totally understood and agreed to both! But Word of Wisdom is going to be hard for him :( He drinks alcohol and coffee, and smokes! But he is ready to work on it and up for the challenge! And he was totally excited for church Sunday too. He asked us to bring him a tie and everything! Well, he didn't show up. I knew that his girlfriend was going to talk him into going to her church instead. So we stopped by after church and he knew exactly what was coming! He felt so bad. And he didn't even like her church! He said he didn't feel the spirit and he wanted to leave and come to ours, but he was already late so he didn't. But I just told him that maybe that experience had to happen so that he could learn that that church wasn't for him, and now he knows! So he promised to come next week. And he has already cut down on coffee and cigarettes! :) So we need you all to pray for him so he can be done with all his addictions by February 8th so he can be baptized on the 15th. That is the goal! 

Oh! In Florida they have some holiday called Teacher Development day? They don't have school the last Friday of the term so the teachers can get all their grades and stuff in! So they had a 4 day weekend this week! How lame is that?! Utah needs to get with the program! Unless we have something like that and I just forgot? Well, we are getting ready to go shopping with the Medina's so I can spend some of my birthday money! Have a great week! :) Oh, PS, Elder Nielsen of the 70 is coming for mission conference and stake conference this weekend! So we are super excited for that! 

Love, Sister Lowry 

Check out our mission blog floridaorlandomission.com to see a cute picture of Sister Jacklina and I! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment