Monday, May 19, 2014

JOY!

Good morning! 

Wow, I am just so overwhelmed with joy today! I feel so blessed! Man, God must really love us or something! I got some great emails from my friends and family that just made me so happy! Thank you! And I am just so proud of everyone! I love hearing good news about sports, graduation, missions, weddings, etc. Plus, it is beautiful outside today! 

Our week went quite a bit better. The transfer is now over, and we are starting a new one! Sister Christensen and I are staying together, thank goodness! We have learned so much this past transfer and are so excited to keep applying what we have learned! It was a bit of drought, and we are kinda starting fresh, but we are so looking forward to all the miracles the Lord has in store for us and this area! Our faith and our patience have been tested a lot, and we have really come to know our Savior better and understand our role as His representatives! And we are like best friends, so that is definitely a plus ha! 

So there are actually some people on campus now! So we talked to a ton of people. Few were interested, but we are hoping to meet with them this week! There was a big science fair thing here this weekend, and we met some Utahns! One guy talked to us for like forever, but he wasn't active anymore :( It breaks my heart! He said his kids still go to church though, thank goodness! But sometimes parents don't realize the affect they have on their kids! Anyway, our investigators aren't really progressing and none of them got baptized when they were supposed to, so we are going to just kinda leave it up to them at this point! But last night we met 3 UCF football players and are going to teach them tonight! Yay! :) Oh, and Irving. He is awesome. He is less active but we started teaching him, and he is coming back! :) Yesterday in Sunday school we all went around and said our names and our favorite thing about the church and he said, "missionary work because they always seem to find you when you need it the most." It made us feel so good! 

I honestly don't even know what else to say! Everything is just the same here! I feel seriously so amazing. This is very hard, but that just forces us to apply the Atonement and rely on the Lord. I honestly don't think there is any other way besides a full time mission where you can learn that as fully as we do. Please share the gospel. There are so many people out there who need it. If we don't invite them, then who will? Our invitation to them to come to church, and activity, listen to the missionaries, etc., is an invitation for them to enter the kingdom of God. If someone was drowning would you ask them if they needed help, or would you jump in and save them? 

Love, Sister Lowry 


P.S. My missionary facebook account blocked me, so I am having to use my old facebook. Which means going back through all my pictures, friends, etc. to make it missionary appropriate. Ugh. It has been miserable. Anyway, just a heads up that I am on that page now and no one is allowed to communicate with me through that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment